- our website (“ehpi.org”)
- our social media pages,
Collectively the “EHPI Services”.
What is “Personal Information”?
Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced.
What Types of Services Does EHPI Offer?
- EHPI Certification Programs – These are self-paced or instructor-led training programs for health and performance professionals to acquire EHPI Certification.
- Content Access Pass – This is a self-paced educational program including educational written and video content.
- EHPI Online Store Products – These are health and performance or EHPI branded products available to all customers.
1. What Data We Collect
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself, data about your participation in courses, and data from third-party platforms you connect with our site. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our services you interact with or spend time using.
While the Personal Information we collect varies depending upon the nature of the EHPI Services provided or used and our interactions with individuals, Personal Information we may collect or obtain includes:
- Contact details (e.g., name, address, email, telephone number),
- Personal details (e.g., date of birth, gender),
- Financial and transaction data (e.g., purchase history, account information, shipping and billing information, including credit card information etc.),
- Other EHPI Services related data (e.g., customer requests, statistics, etc.),
- Geolocation data with your permission (e.g. geolocation data sent via a mobile device),
- Online identifiers (e.g. IP address, Device IDs, etc.), and
- Cookie-related data as described below
2. How We Collect Data
We collect information about you whenever you use the EHPI Services, for example:
- If you create an account through ehpi.org, we may ask for Personal Information such as your name, email and Other Information (e.g. your profession).
- If you initiate a transaction through the EHPI Services, such as a purchase, we may collect information about you, such as your name, email, phone number, address, credit card information, as well as any other information you provide in order to process the transaction. We may also store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the EHPI Services, such as IP address, operating system, device ID, and device type.
- If you are a EHPI Certified Professional, after completing Certification, we will ask you for additional personal information in order to set up your Find an Expert Profile (to market your services to potential clients) which may include your professional credentials and licensees, alternate contact information, your full home address, your business address, your photograph and other personal information you wish to include in your Find an Expert Profile.
- If you attend one of our events (e.g., a webinar, or seminar), we may ask for your feedback, contact details or other information to follow-up with you, such as to send you marketing communications consistent with your choices.
- We may also store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the EHPI Services, such as IP address, operating system, device ID, and device type.
Note: If you are a client of a EHPI Certified Professional, you and the EHPI Certified Professional will enter into a separate contractual arrangement that does not involve EHPI. EHPI is not responsible for and disclaims all warranties and liabilities with respect to your contractual arrangements with your EHPI Certified Professional, including, without limitation, any payment arrangements to which you and your EHPI Certified Professional may agree.
3. What We Use Your Data For
We may use your Personal Information for a number of legitimate business purposes, including:
- To provide the functionality of EHPI Services and related support.
- To create, and administer accounts, fulfill and record transactions, and provide you with related assistance (e.g., technical help, answer inquiries relating to Personal Information, etc.).
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, with your consent, and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- To provide you with marketing and promotional materials and opportunities and facilitate social sharing.
- To send you marketing communications and offer other materials that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to send you newsletters or other direct communications.
- To share information with other marketers (and their service providers) to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or similar promotions.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality if you choose to do so.
We will engage in this activity with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you, or where we have a legitimate interest.
- For reporting and trending.
- To better understand you and our other users, so that we can tune and personalize our offering.
- For trending and statistics, and to improve our products and services
We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
- To accomplish our business purposes.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- For responding to legal duties, such as requests from public and government authorities.
- To defend our legal rights or those of others.
We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or because we have a legitimate interest.
To the extent that we process your Personal Information based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
4. Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features if you do.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or by changing the email preferences in your account. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the courses you register for, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the courses, and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared. You can manage Adobe’s LSOs through their Website Storage Settings panel.
- To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
5. When, What, and How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Certain privacy laws require that we disclose certain information about the categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable law) that we have disclosed for a business purpose as well as the categories that we have “sold” as defined under applicable law.
Disclosed for a business purpose. In general, we may disclose the following categories of Personal Information (as described above in more detail) to our Partners and Service Providers to provide the EHPI services:
- Contact details,
- Personal details,
- Financial and transaction data,
- Other EHPI Services related data,
- Geolocation data,
- Online identifiers, and
- Cookie-related data.
We do not sell your data.
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our integrated partners and service providers who provide services to us or to our EHPI Certified Professionals, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing services, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To third parties to permit them (or their own customers) to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To other website users as well as to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity.
- In the context of a corporate transaction. If EHPI is involved in a sale or business transaction (e.g., merger or acquisition), EHPI will retain a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to other parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), including in any negotiations leading to such. Such parties may include, for example, an acquiring or target entity and its advisors.
- When we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example, if a court issues a subpoena
- Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
6. Privacy Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
This section provides specific information for California residents, as required under California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) as well as other jurisdictions and regulations that allow for individual privacy rights such as the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Explanation of Individual Rights
Right to a Copy/Access or Portability: You may have the right to request, free of charge, a copy of the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you (in which EHPI acts as the controller), in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit this information to another entity without hindrance.
Right to Know: You may have the right to request, free of charge, that we provide certain information about how we have handled your Personal Information, including the categories of Personal Information collected; categories of sources of Personal Information; business and/or commercial purposes for collecting your Personal Information; categories of third parties/with whom we have shared your Personal Information; and whether we sell any categories of Personal Information to third parties (however, we do not sell your Personal Information).
Right to Deletion: You may have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we have collected, subject to certain exemptions. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). We may also retain residual information, such as records to document that your request has been fulfilled.
Right to Non-Discrimination: You may have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment on the basis of exercising your privacy rights under applicable law.
Right to Correct/Rectify: You may have the right to rectify any incorrect Personal Information we may hold about you.
Submitting a Request
Where applicable law allows for such a right, if you would like to request to access, correct, object to the use, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may submit a request by contacting contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Subject Request”. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Where applicable law allows for an authorized agent to submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Data Subject Request – Agent Request” and someone will be in touch with the agent to verify the request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you are under 18 years of age and a user of the EHPI Services, you may also be entitled to ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the EHPI Service by submitting a Support Request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information if doing so infringes on the rights of another user.
If you are a client of an EHPI Certified Professional and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our EHPI Certified Professionals or would like to request the exercise of a right as set out above in relation to Personal Information held by a EHPI Certified Professional, please contact the EHPI Certified Professional directly.
7. Tracking and Advertising
We, our service providers and partners may collect Other Information and certain Personal Information in a variety of ways. We and/or our service providers may employ various tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and analytics software, that help us better manage content on the EHPI Services by informing us what content is effective.
8. Social Media Features and Widgets
9. Public Forum
EHPI offers a publicly accessible Discord server. Please keep in mind that if you disclose Personal Information through this forum, as offered through EHPI Services, this information may be viewed, collected and used by others. To request removal of your Personal Information from comment board, please submit a Support Request to email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information or some content (if, for example, it is reposted by another user), in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
10. Payment Processors
11. Links to Other Websites
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the EHPI Services, including our social media pages.
12. Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the EHPI Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the EHPI Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
13. Security of Your Information
The security of Personal Information is a high priority at EHPI. We seek to use reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
14. Use of Service by Minors
The EHPI Services are not directed or targeted at children under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they do not provide Personal Information through the EHPI Services.
15. Sensitive Information
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, trade union membership or criminal background) on or through the EHPI Services or otherwise to us, except where explicitly requested or consented to.
16. International Transfers
The EHPI Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, namely the United States, or in which we engage service providers, and by using the EHPI Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country and whose laws don’t provide the same level of protection.
17. Contact Us